Should a medical emergency situation develop which requires immediate intervention by trained personnel, proceed as follows:
- Call 911. Reassure the injured person that help is on the way. Remain calm and provide the following information:
- Nature of medical emergency.
- Building name and address
- Exact location and name of sick or injured person.
NOTE: Do not hang up until the emergency operator does so.
2. Call the Management Office at 301-990-6614.
Provide the following information:
- Your name and company name
- Nature of medical emergency
- Exact location and name of sick or injured person
- Whether or not you have called for trained assistance
- A number where you can be reached
3. Direct any on-lookers away from the area of the injured person. Clear the area of any objects that might impede the
rescue or interfere with emergency personnel.
4. Remain with the victim. DO NOT move the victim unless there is immediate danger of further injury. Keep the victim
comfortable and warm.
5. Designate a responsible person to do the following:
- Wait at the building’s main entrance for medical personnel. When they arrive, direct them to the injured person.
- Whenever possible, have an elevator standing for the rescue team.
NOTE: CPR training and first aid courses are available through your local American Red Cross. All occupants are encouraged to participate.